Asbestos Free Tasmania Foundation (AFTF) was established on 12th May 2010 as a not for profit, incorporated organisation and registered health charity, aimed at supporting former workers who have developed asbestos related diseases, current workers at risk, and the broader community through education, information, referral and advice.
“Tasmanians to be free from the risk of exposure to asbestos and asbestos related disease.”
To promote a safer, healthier Tasmania through assisting to reduce the number of people exposed to asbestos and reducing the incidence of asbestos related disease in the Tasmanian community.
- Develop a support, referral and advisory service for asbestos disease sufferers in Tasmania and their families
- Facilitate and promote the education advancement and community awareness of asbestos and its dangers in Tasmania
- Develop and deliver resource information and training for business, workplaces and the public
- Prepare research and develop policy on the management of asbestos and asbestos-related disease
- Liaise with like minded organisations that support the aims of AFTF and with existing asbestos-disease support organisations in Australia
- Undertake fundraising activities and the procurement of donations and contributions for the purpose of supporting the aims of AFTF
- Advocate on behalf of asbestos disease sufferers, their families, and other key stakeholders in the field of asbestos
- Pursue a fair asbestos compensation scheme for victims of asbestos disease and their families.